Here is another delicious grilled pizza recipe. For this recipe I did not use my usual “go to” pizza dough recipe, but used one that is a little bit thinner and has a good texture for cooking it on the grill. It is so easy to work with and shape and it’s not sticky at all. When you put it on the grill it may puff up a little but this goes down and ends up nice and crispy. For the chicken you can pretty much make it however you want or use leftovers, but personally I like to make my Grilled Ranch-Style Chicken. Also, you can use whatever cheese you like, but based on previous attempts at making this I think mild cheddar is the way to go, as it does not overpower or clash with the ranch dressing. Also, I’ve included measurements in the recipe, however they’re just guesstimates so just go ahead and adjust them based on your own tastes. Remember to follow the last step of completely removing the dough from the grill to add the toppings. If you do not do this you will run the risk of burning your pizza!!
Ranch Chicken Grilled Pizza
- 2 tsp. instant/rapid rise yeast
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 – 3 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cup warm water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
¼ to ½ cup Ranch Dressing
4 oz. cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed (I use Ranch Style Grilled Chicken)
2-3 slices bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled
1 to 1 ½ cups of mild cheddar cheese, shredded.
- Combine all the pizza dough ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the dough hook attachment, mix the dough on low-medium speed until well combined. Increase the speed and continue to mix until dough forms a smooth ball and no longer sticks to the bowl. Remove the dough from the bowl and divide into four. Place on a baking sheet and cover with a damp kitchen towel and allow to rest for 15 minutes. (If you let it “rest” for longer it’s ok; it will not affect the end result of the dough)
- Meanwhile, gather and prepare all other ingredients. Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- After the dough has rested for at least 15 minutes, roll out each piece as flat as possible (be careful not to rip it).
- Place the four pieces of dough on the grill for about 2 minutes. Remove the dough completely from the grill (grilled side down) and add the ranch dressing, chicken, bacon and cheese. Return to grill for 3-4 minutes until dough is crisp, toppings are heated through, and cheese is melted.