When I decided to start this blog, I had very minimal knowledge about blogs. I had never really read them or knew what they were exactly. It wasn’t until I started using Pinterest that I started checking them out and then I thought…”hey, I can do that!” What a great way to share your passion with others who like the same things that you do. I thought it would be a nice outlet for me to share my experiences with learning to cook…I had this number of “10” in my head…if I get “10” followers I’d be happy. If I get “10” views a day I’ll be happy. I never even imagined that I would have people “liking” my posts (besides my Hubby and family) or leaving me nice comments..and I’m so happy to report that only a little over 2 months into my blog I already have over 60 followers. So as corny as it sounds I get SO excited when people tell me they liked my blog or enjoyed reading it or found it helpful.
So last Sunday, Terri from Terri’s Kitchen UK let me know that she nominated me for the “Liebster Award”. Having never heard of this I immediately looked into it with not much luck on exactly what it is or where it started. It seems to have appeared suddenly from “Blog Outer Space”. But I really like the whole idea of it….whoever started it came up with a good idea to help spread the word about those of us who have “smaller blogs”. Besides….I don’t need any bad blog karma!!
So the following is copied exactly from Terri’s blog in reference to how the Liebster Award works and I’ve nominated my Top 5 favorite blogs.
When you receive the Liebster award, you are supposed to do the following:
- Choose five up and coming blogs to give the Liebster award to. Blogs must have less than 200 followers.
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Post the award on your blog.
- List the bloggers you gave the award to with links to their sites. Leave a comment on their blogs to let them know they’ve received the award.
- Share five random facts about yourself.
Here are my selections for the Liebster:
- Mostly Desserts…because I LOVE ME SOME GOOD Dessert!!http://mostlydesserts.wordpress.com/
- Fantastic Frugal Foods from Justa’s Kitchen…Justa shares yummy recipes that are inexpensive…and she keeps it real! http://justafrugalfoodie.com/
- Sweet Pea 2200 shares a little bit of everything on her blog…from recipes to tips and tricks to how to make stuff! Who doesn’t love a well-rounded woman? http://sweetpea2200.wordpress.com/
- The Skinny Pages…Sarah is a typical woman struggling with her weight…she shares delicious recipes and her journey to ‘cook herself thin.’ http://theskinnypages.wordpress.com/
- War and Yeast…a “self-taught” cook who shares some really awesome recipes!! http://warandyeast.wordpress.com/
Ok…Five random facts about me…(which is kind of random in itself…what does this have to do with the concept of an award???)
- I am a chocoholic
- I am addicted to “Lucky Charms” cereal.
- I had to stop watching “Dr. Oz” because everyday I thought I had the symptoms of a new disease!
- I hate winter.
- I love summer!
And again…a big thank you to Terri for nominating me. Make sure to check out her blog!!