Ahh, good old chocolate chip cookies. So many different types and I still have yet to find one I don’t like. Crispy & thin, moist & chewy, cake-like…I could go on and on.
This is my go to recipe for chocolate chip cookies. They are pretty thin so sometimes if I’m making them for other people I’ll add a little more flour. The recipe below makes a thin cookie, crispy around the edges, and chewy in the middle. I love cookies like this!
Chocolate chip cookies should be something everyone knows how to bake. And although I like to try out other recipes, you should always have your favorite “go to” recipe for these cookies. If you can produce a good chocolate chip cookie, you’ll make a lot of people happy!
Of course, I love many types of cookies, but I have to say that chocolate chip is by far my favorite. What are your favorite cookies? How do you like your chocolate chip cookies?
Chocolate Chip Cookies (Yields 2 dozen cookies)
½ cup butter
¼ cup sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup flour
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 cup chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a mixer, mix the butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and egg and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add this a little bit at a time to the mixer. Mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto parchment lined baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.