Even though I am not technically calling this a “Slimmed Down Sensation” it is a healthy low-fat dish and it’s definitely not lacking in the flavor department. This recipe is a little different from other Fajita recipes that I’ve come across which require a marinade. This one is like the pre-packaged mixes you get at the grocery store…only better because you know exactly what is going into it and there is not as much sodium.
This is a great weeknight meal that tastes great, but requires little effort….guaranteed to please the entire family.
Prepare the seasoning mix ahead of time and pull it out when you need a quick meal!
Chicken Fajitas (Makes 4 servings, WW Points Plus = 5, not including tortilla)
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
1 c. water
4 flour tortillas (white or whole wheat)
1 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. chili powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. parika
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. chicken bouillon powder
½ tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken and cook until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F. About 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Fajita Seasoning by mixing the cornstarch, chili powder, salt, paprika, sugar, bouillon, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, add 1 cup water and seasoning mixture. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the green pepper and onion. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Serve on flour tortillas with Mexican style shredded cheese, if desired.