This is a really flavorful & quick chicken dish…perfect for a busy week night meal. You can use either boneless, skinless chicken thighs or regular thighs. I have a Nu-Wave Oven, which is how I made the chicken in the picture above, but you can bake them in your regular oven and broil for the last few minutes to get them just as crispy.
I originally saw this recipe in Cooking Light magazine and modified it to suit my own taste. Serve with mixed veggies, rice, or roasted potatoes.
Spicy Honey Chicken Thighs (Serves 3-4)
Modified from Cooking Light Magazine
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs or 6 regular chicken thighs
6 tbsp. honey
2 tsp. cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the garlic powder, chili powder, salt, cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a large ziploc bag. Add chicken to bag, seal and shake, coating the pieces of chicken.
- Place chicken in a glass baking dish sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 20-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees.
- While the chicken is baking, combine the honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well.
- When the chicken is cooked through, remove from oven. Set oven to broil.
- Brush chicken pieces with half of the honey mixture.
- Broil 1-2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and turn pieces over.
- Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture.
- Broil 1-2 minutes or until chicken is crisp.